Electricity plays an important role in everyday life and it’s difficult to imagine life without it. Basically, it is one kind of energy that is produced by renewable and nonrenewable energy sources. Human life depends on it because daily life activities are accomplished through it e.g. lightning, cooling, heating, computers, mobile etc. Actually, Current is a main component of electricity, and there are two main types of current: DC or direct current – the ‘flow’ of the same power you get from the battery; and AC, or Alternating current – which changes the direction of electrons, allows the current to turn on and off.
Sources of Electricity Generation
- Renewable Energy Resources (RER)
Renewable energy resources, especially wind, solar and hydel are the major source for electricity generation and its operational cost is cheapest as compared to nonrenewable energy sources and provides electricity without emitting carbon dioxide.
- Nonrenewable Energy Resources (NRER)
Coal and fossil fuel are the major components of NRER and its operational cost is too high as compared to RER and also produces greenhouse gases (CO2) which are harmful for nature.
The Factors Effect on Electricity Bill
Payment against the utilization of electricity called Electricity Bill. Electricity consumption depends on following factors
- No. of apparatus operations and its rating
- Power factor
- Number of hours
- Load requirements
As demand for electricity increases, the electricity bill will also be increased. To control the electricity bill, there is a need to utilize electricity as low as we can. It will also reduce our electricity bill as well as the emission of greenhouse gasses as our major part of electricity produced by fossil fuels.
The electricity generated by the power system is transmitted to larger customers. Fees are paid to the electricity company. The company must ensure that profits are made not only from the full cost of generating electricity but also from profits from capital investment. For This purpose, various types of electricity tariff are defined by electricity distribution companies. Electricity tariff is a rate at which electricity is to be sold by the utility company to consumers and different rates are maintained for different level of consumers depends on nature of load and the amount of consumption. Actually, the main aim of defining the tariff is to distribute the electricity charges to consumers based on their energy utilization.
Electricity Bill Support through the Solar System
Energy generation by the Sun is called solar energy and the solar panels are used for generation of electricity. Solar panels integrated with a grid utility know as grid tied solar system and it is also used to sell out the excessive energy to the utility company through net metering system. The Net Energy Metering (NEM) is a special payment system that provides credit to customers with solar PV systems for the amount of electricity generated by their system. It is a step forward towards renewable energy policy that allows for the promotion of private investment in renewable energy. NEM, the electricity customer meter keeps track of how much electricity is used and how much electricity is generated by the system and is returned to the utility grid. The consumer gets the bill credit through net metering and there is a good way to support electricity bill. You can reduce your energy costs by installing higher solar energy and find solutions to reduce your energy use.
Ways to Reduce Electricity Bill
To reduce electricity bill, it is necessary to reduce the consumption of electricity and the way to reduce electricity are as following:
- Solar Panel installation: The installation of solar system may not be suitable for everyone due to its capital cost, but there is no other good option to reduce utility electricity utilization. This option is also suitable for environment and for your wallet as well. If you have planning to cut your electricity more than 50%, this is a best option for it.
- Purchasing of Efficient-Appliances: Buy energy-efficient products and use them wisely. Use low power appliances during Peak tie and use high power appliances on Off-Peak time.
- Switch off Extra Lightning: Using of lightning in night-time as per requirement saves the electricity
- Reduction of Microwave Oven utilization: Microwave oven has higher electricity consumption as compared to other electrical appliances so try to reduce its utilization and in return, take a relaxation in electricity bill
- Usage of LED Lights: LED bulbs consumes 90% less power as compared to incandescent bulb Replace incandescent bulbs and tube lights with LED bulbs to save electricity.
- Make Washing Machine and Iron in Off-Peak Time: Utility offers fewer tariffs in off-peak time as compared to peak time. The washing machine and iron consumes more power and due to this reason, these appliances should be utilized in off peak time.
Electricity is a necessary for human being, but the wisely utilization of it saves the electricity bill and make the life comfortable. To know about the ways to reduce the energy is basic information that everyone must be aware from it .We reduce your energy costs by giving you more power to control your energy supply and find solutions to reduce your energy use also. Solar panel installation is a better option if you can afford it as it is eco-friendly and most economical. Solar panel installation is the simple solution to save money and save the planet as well.